Saturday, February 06, 2016

1639 Rojo Congo Philodendron Plein Air Alla Prima

 I painted this at my friend Julie's house, had a time picking out something to paint, there are cool plants and views everywhere. We had a good turnout of my group, the Plein Air Painters of the Treasure Coast, 18 showed up.  Saw some old friends and some new members too. 

I had to do some hunting to figure out the name of the philodendron, its a Rojo Congo. I always liked them, I have one in my yard too but not as big as this one.  My clean up was easy, its all palette knife, didn't get a brush dirty!

 Painting is 8 x 10, oil on masonite.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD




No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...